Saturday 2 August 2014

Remember me?

Hi everyone!
Yes, I'm still here, struggling on with daily life. Those health issues I mentioned way back in March caught up with me, and I've spent the last few months basically doing just enough to get by with life - cooking, washing, dusting etc. Stitching and craft took a back seat for most of that time, but over the last few weeks I've felt more like my old self again, so maybe I can get back to this blogging thing again (I promise I'll try!)

There are probably all sorts of things I could catch you up with, but maybe I'll just start now, and rather than overwhelm you with photos and a long post, I'll introduce things gradually eh?

Last month we went on holiday - back to AUSTRIA - our most favourite place in Europe - staying at the Sonnenschein in Mayrhofen. We took a friend with us who lost her husband a couple of years ago, and he had always wanted to revisit Austria, so his widow really enjoyed being there. The apartment house was able to let us have 2 small separate apartments, so we were not living on top of each other 24/7. We all came back fully refreshed and ready for life - and none of us had put on weight in spite of indulging in beers, hot chocolate with cream topping and cream cakes! (And that's always a bonus!)

While we were there I stitched my first item on perforated paper. It's designed by Brooke Nolan and is her Gretel the Gingerbread angel.
 Sorry about the quality of the photo! 

I also stitched this piece - the design actually had the Swiss flag on it, but I changed it for the Austrian one!

Now I'm working on a Hummel piece, but as it's a gift I won't add it here as who knows - the recipient might be reading this!!

My best friend's daughter is expecting her second baby in about 2 weeks, and I have a small sampler ready to add the baby's details on as soon as I hear. So next time I can probably include that one.

Next time I'll drop in a few photos of cards I've made with my new ScanNCut machine - so far I haven't tried it out with fabric, but I'll post some of the cards I've done.
Until then
take care
Sandie

5 comments:

Faith... said...

Sorry you are having such bad health issues but glad to see you are back to stitching. Gretel the Gingerbread angel looks great!

Linda said...

Sandie, Gretel looks lovely. I will be waiting to see more work in progress.

Pamela D. Atkinson said...

Sandie, oh i love to hear from you! I am praying that your health will at least allow you to do what you enjoy instead of just cleaning. I too have to live one day at a time and prayer really does work. your stitching looks fabulous! would never know that this was your first time using perforated paper! hugs and happy stitching! Queeny

Deb said...

Wishing you better health.
Sounds like a wonderful trip!
Congrats on finishing one of Brooke's designs on perforated paper. Love her ribbons on her back. Very pretty!
Lovely work all around!

SoCal Debbie said...

Your vacation sounds wonderful! What a nice idea to change the flag and the Gingerbread Angel is adorable!